Spring into some instant curb appeal
Spring is here! So that means it's selling and buying season for homes. First impressions for a home is critical to land well for new home buyers. As soon as someone drives up to the curb, they can have an instant "fall in love" reaction or "let's get out of here" response. Here are some helpful and easy tips to give the outside of your home the curb appeal that will lead to a sale.
1. Give your front door a splash of color. This can help make your home stand out from the rest by giving it some character of a new coat of paint.
2. Landscape, landscape, landscape. Make sure overgrown weeds, trees and grass is nicely trimmed and maintained. Also adding contrasting colors from flowers can help bring interest to the yard.
3. Illuminate your pathway. Buyers tend to drive past your home at night. Make sure it is well lit with pathway lights. It provides a very polished look, even at night.
4. Throw out and clean up. Your outdated and old patio set has served you well, but now it's time to get rid of any clutter or broken items from the front yard. Keep it tidy and neat. Replace any old or damaged out door seating area with a new and cozy looking set up.
5. Upgrade your mailbox. Even this small detail of a mailbox, can appear to potential buyers that this home has special details, even for the mail.